The following list summarizes our Irish family history research interests by surname and locality for both our direct ancestral lines and collateral branches. This list serves as an index for the home page for each surname. (A number of links remain pending during the reconstruction phase of Arborealis.)
- Allett, also Ellet or Elliott, of Galvally townland, parish of Donaghenry, county Tyrone
- Anketell of Anketell-lodge near Stewartstown, county Tyrone (related surname)
- Burke or Bourke of Claremorris, parish of Kilcolman (Clanmorris), county Mayo
- Caddell of the parish of Drumcree, county Armagh (apparently a related surname)
- Campbell of Lislea townland, parish of Kilrea, county Londonderry
- Crowe of Clones, county Monaghan (related surname)
- Flavell of Corbrackey townland, parish of Drumcree, county Armagh
- Gilmore of Druminallyduff townland, parish of Drumcree
- Gordon of Lislea townland, parish of Kilrea
- Hamilton of Newry, county Down (related surname)
- Huggins of Glenarb townland, parish of Aghaloo, county Tyrone
- Jones of Derryanvil, parish of Drumcree, county Armagh
- Kennedy of Carland, parish of Donaghmore, and of Benburb, parish of Confeacle, county Tyrone
- Kilpatrick or Kirkpatrick of Lislea townland, parish of Kilrea, county Derry
- Ledlie of Carnan, parish of Ardboe, county Tyrone (related surname)
- M’Cay, McCay, M’Kay, or McKay of Lislea townland, parish of Kilrea
- Marshall of the parish of Aghaloo, co. Tyrone & Blackwatertown, co. Armagh (related surname)
- McDonnell of county Mayo, possibly from the Castlebar and Foxford districts; spelling variants might include MacDonald and McDonagh
- O’Brien of The Bawn, parish of Pomeroy, county Tyrone
- Sharp or Sharpe of east Tyrone and south Derry (related surname)
- Shuter of Drummond, parish of Pomeroy, county Tyrone (related surname)
- Speer or Speare of east Tyrone (related surname)
- Stephenson of Killyfaddy, parish of Armagh (Lisnadill), county Armagh (related surname)
- Stevenson of Stewartstown, county Tyrone
- Templeton of ditto. (related surname)
- Thompson of Creevelough townland, parish of Aghaloo, county Tyrone
Please note that many more surnames occur in our lateral lines, i.e., as second, third, etc. cousins, removed once, twice, or even several times.
If you have a family history connection to one of the family lines listed above, please consider getting in touch via the contact page.
Source citation for this page: — Kilpatrick, Alison. “Irish family history research interests.” Index page online at Arborealis, arborealis.ca/family-history/irish/, accessed [insert date of access].
Image credit: — Arrowsmith, Aaron and Samuel Lewis, authors. William Kneass, engraver. In, A New and Elegant General Atlas, &c. Published at Philadelphia, Norfolk, &c., 1804. Edited by Alison Kilpatrick ©2020, by making an extract from the engraved map in order to depict the northern portion of the island where are situated the counties of origin for Irish family history studies undertaken by A. Kilpatrick.