This page displays a map of the parish of Kilcolman in the county of Mayo. The map highlights Burke households surveyed by Griffith’s ordnance survey team in 1856.1 For reference, this parish comprises eighty-three townlands, covering 23,744.4 acres or 37.1 square miles (96.1 square kilometres). It is surrounded by the following parishes, in clockwise fashion: on the north: Killedan; the northeast: Knock; the southeast: Bekan; south-southeast: Kilvine; south and southwest: Crossboyne; and west: Mayo.
- Townlands with green-coloured labels = held in fee by Isidore Burke
- Townlands with red-coloured labels = other townlands with Burke or Bourke households
Source citation for this page: — Kilpatrick, Alison. “Townland map, parish of Kilcolman (Clanmorris), 1856.” Chapter in the family history research completed for the Burke surname occurring in the parish of Kilcolman (Clanmorris), county Mayo. Prepared by Alison Kilpatrick ©2020. All rights reserved. Adapted from the digital image online at AskAboutIreland (accessed 2021-01-05). Online at Arborealis, arborealis.ca/family-history/irish/burke/townland-map-kilcolman/, accessed [insert date of access].
- Burke households in Kilcolman per Griffith’s Valuation, 1856
- Analysis of Burke tenants and lessors in the parish of Kilcolman (Clanmorris) per Griffith’s Valuation (in progress)
- Extent of the surnames Burke/Bourke in the county of Mayo, 1856/57